Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kawai Purapura

When Simon left, I had to get away from Hamilton for a while. I had a two-week holiday in between semesters, and Shelby, one of my best childhood friends just moved to New Zealand about a month ago, and lives in Albany just outside of Auckland at Kawai Purapura.


Kawai Purapura is home to community living and a retreat, so it was the perfect place for me to get away. The place was surrounded by nature, and really reminded me of growing up in Volcano and Glenwood.





There were so many different trails to explore, and little hidden gems along the way including some hidden cabins, spots to view glow worms at night, and trails that lead to The Glade or the orchard.


Here's a video of me going on the stream walk.


On the night I arrived, it was rainy and continued to rain though the next day, but for the rest of my stay at Kawai Purapura, it was nothing but blue skies and sunshine. Not too shabby for the middle of winter! 

One of my favorite things while I was at KP was all of the flowers that were in bloom, which I took the liberty of decorating my hair with. I dunno who loved them more, me or the monarch butterflies that were everywhere, another reminder of home =)

And best of all... they had kitties!!! And lots of them. This is Marley, just chilling on the couch in the common area.


I had a lot of fun getting to spend some good quality time with Shelby (something we hadn't done in almost 8 years) and taking a breather before the new semester at Waikato began. Thank you to everyone at Kawai Purapura for allowing me to share your beautiful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment