Saturday, July 14, 2012

Simon

I wasn't gonna do this, but I feel like withholding this part of my life would be giving a dishonest account of my experiences abroad, so... here's the truth.

I broke the cardinal rule of studying abroad and landed myself in a relationship with an impending expiration date.

Simon and I were both international students living in the same student housing at the Uni, so as soon as I got to New Zealand, we were in the same crowd, meeting the same people, and going out to the same places as friends.

Here we are on O-week at the foam party, the first night we went out together with the gang from Cottage 16, where we later spent a lot of our time hanging out with good friends and formulating The Whiskey Club
























This is us celebrating St. Patricks Day and Cino De Mayo at Orchard Park.

On my birthday weekend, he was there to help celebrate the best birthday I've had in 25 years!


We did a lot of travelling together, starting with our trip to Rotorua, renting an RV with the rest of the gang in the South Island, Auckland, Waitomo caves, Raglan, and our last trip together to Hobbiton.

We got to see so much of New Zealand together, and our relationship grew stronger and stronger every day.


Unfortunately, Simon was only studying at Waikato for one semester, and had a job and school to get back to in Norway. He moved about as far away from me as possible, but we still keep in touch often. I miss him very much, but I hope that one day soon, we will get to see each other again <3

No comments:

Post a Comment