Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bondi, Australia

Tanya and I decided to spend our last two nights at Bondi Beach. She booked us a room at the Swiss Grand Resort and Spa, but warned me on the cab ride there that she didn't think it was going to be a very nice hotel based on the ratings she read of it. For me, I'm used to staying at Uncle Billy's with about 6 people in a 2 person room, so I was thinking it was probably going to be just fine, nice even. Lets just be real, I'm not the fanciest person in the world, so I was actually thinking that this place was probably gonna be really nice for my standards. We even joked that it might end up being super nice, and the joke will be on us. We pull up to the hotel and see that it has a huge lobby that was pretty fancy looking, and all I can do is laugh.

We arrived at the hotel pretty early, so we couldn't check in right away, but as soon as we walked through the doors, the concierge was there to take our bags from us so we could walk around the town while we waited for our room to open up. As we checked in, we were surprised to find out that they had given us a free upgrade to an ocean view king suite, awesome!

At this point I'm thinking, one way or another, whether the room is really nice or ends up being really shabby, I am in for a good laugh. This is the room we ended up with.


Bondi was another beautiful part of Sydney, full of the stereotypical blonde surfer types that you would assume to find in Australia. We spent some time at the beach relaxing and soaking up the sun, checked out some of the shops, and chilled out in the hotel room on the deck.

On our last full day in Bondi, we took a walk from Bondi to Bronte. All along the walk, there were installations of Sculptures by the Sea, which was really fun to see.





I didn't take too many pictures on the art walk, but these were some of my favorites =) and geometric pieces in mustard are some of Tanya's favorite things.






















That night, we went out for tapas and sangria, which was great. I also saw a bat in the trees across the street, my first time seeing a bat in the wild, which was pretty cool. And that concluded our trip to Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment