Friday, September 7, 2012

New Zealand International Film Festival

We've been on holiday from school for the past couple of weeks and most of the people living in Orchard Park have been travelling, so it's been pretty dead in Hamilton. I decided not to do any travelling myself since my budget is pretty tight this semester, and I still haven't bought my ticket home and I've planned a trip to Sydney with my bestie Tanya at the end of the semester, so I have to save up for that.

Anyway, a few weeks ago someone left the New Zealand International Film Festival magazine on the desk in one of my classes, so I thought I would give it a look, and there were actually a few films in there that I had been wanting to see, and some new ones I had never heard of that looked pretty interesting.



The cost per ticket was $12.50 for students for each film, so I had to limit my choices to three movies and I decided on Cabin in the Woods, The Angels' Share, and First Position.

All of the films were held at Lido Cinema, which was a very posh venue. The lobby had a really fancy looking design with chandeliers and couches around a fire place. Inside the theater the seats were like first class seating on an international flight, very spacious with a small table on the armrest for your wine or glass of beer.


Even better than the continental seating in the majority of the theater, the front row had leather recliners!


This was actually the first time I had ever attended a film festival, and even though it wasn't really "festival-ish" I still had a lot of fun, and it was nice to get out of Orchard Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment