Monday, May 28, 2012

Best 1/4 Century Birthday Ever - Part 2

On Saturday night, I planned on having some friends get together and drink a bit before we went to town to celebrate my birthday. Me and a friend of mine walked to the shops down the road to our favorite liquor store to prepare for the night. While I was gone, my roommates were fast at work setting up a surprise lu'au themed party for me!


As soon as I walked through the door to my cottage, I was presented with a lei, a cocktail in a coconut, and a giant flower for my hair! The cottage was decorated with streamers and balloons, and some of the guests also wore leis. My roommate Marte, even made Hawaiian pizza, and my cocktail was called beach barbie or something like that.

Betty made this awesome poster for everyone to sign. The perfect decoration for my bulletin board =)


Here's me and the roommates. Our first picture with all of us =)

And the lovely lady that was responsible for organizing the whole thing, Marte. She even called the resident manager to ask if it was okay for us to throw a little party for my birthday.

Notice our mid-party mess in the background =P

At around 10pm, we headed into town to go dancing and continue the festivities. Combined with the zoo, this was absolutely my best birthday yet, and it was all thanks to the wonderful people I've met here in New Zealand!

The next morning, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up with no signs of a hangover... except maybe the pressing need to have a massive breakfast. I invited a few people over, and the roomies and I had some epic omelets and homefries with toast for lunch... mmmmmm.


Now let the 1/4 life crisis begin =P

No comments:

Post a Comment